Sacrament of Marriage
If you are planning a wedding at The Shrine of St Therese you will need to:
- Live within parish boundaries, or be a regular member of St Therese or have permission from your parish pastor, with a valid reason, and from our pastor, to be married here at St Therese.
- Call the parish for an appointment with Father Michael to provide ecclesiastical information needed, and to schedule the date on the calendar and receive your marriage guidelines.
- Catholic parties will need to bring updated copies of their baptismal certificates, dated within 6 months of the marriage. Also, copies of 1st Communion and Confirmation certificates.
- A non refundable deposit of $150.00 is needed to schedule your date. The total church fee is $850.00 which includes: church use, wedding coordinator and organist but does not include stipend for celebrant. All fees must be paid in full within one month prior to the wedding date.
- Attend a Pre Marriage Instruction Class, marriage counseling classes with approved counselors or an Engaged Encounter weekend.
- Wedding times can be Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:00pm with a Mass or Saturday evenings after 6:00 pm without a Mass. (If ceremony is scheduled on the 2nd Saturday of the month the latest begin time is 12:30pm.)
Please click wedding-policy-and-agreement-2016 for additional information.
Contact Toni Walterman: email@example.com for more information.
PRAYER FOR OUR MARRIAGE
Lord, we pray that You would help us to be attentive to and supportive of each other in a way that only a husband and wife can be. Allow us to compliment each other and combine our talents, gifts, and abilities to build a marriage that is strong enough to withstand the pressures and challenges that we encounter. Help us to grow closer together as we face the normal trials of marriage and life. Help us to make our relationship a priority above all others. Please help us to guard our hearts from feeling and emotions that are harmful to our relationship and keep us from actions that are damaging to our marriage. May our commitment to each other forever be strong and unbreakable because of our unconditional love for one another. Amen.