There is really no better gift we can give the Church than to perpetuate the faith and have it continue for our children and grandchildren by preparing holy priests who will be able to ensure the Church’s future vitality.
Am I Being Called to the Priesthood?
To be precise, a man only “knows” he is called when he ordained! However, there are many positive signs that can point to a vocation, and which can help a man make the decision to enter the seminary and continue along the path towards the priesthood. Read these statements to yourself, take them to prayer, then act on what you know is right. God knows, you may be called to the priesthood!
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is important to me.
- People have told me I would make a good priest.
- Going to Mass and Adoration is a very important part of my faith life.
- The thought of becoming a priest keeps coming back over and over again.
- I feel called to give more of myself to others.
- I have a burning desire to help people get closer to Christ and to know the Truth.
If some of these statements reflect how you feel, if your heart is pounding even harder, if you sense a greater desire to find out if God is calling you to live in black and white, get in touch with the Vocations Director or our Pastor.
Fr. Dan Avila is the Director of Vocations for the Diocese of Fresno. He assists those men who are seeking to serve as priests in the diocese. He also helps to develop vocation awareness and promotion programs and activities in the diocese
1550 North Fresno Street
Phone (559) 488-7424
Fax (559) 488-7475
Have no fear, the Lord wants only what is best for you!