Sacrament of Reconciliation/Confessions Saturdays at 3:00 pm
Please call us at 559-268-6388 for more information regarding our Religious Ed Programs
Diocesan Policy for:
Reception of Eucharist
- · A two-year catechesis of preparation is required. It is recommended that parents of children also attend a program of catechesis and doctrinal preparation.
Reception of Penance
- · The catechesis for the initial reception of the Sacrament of Penance is to be separated from the catechesis for First Eucharist so that the child will clearly distinguish between the two sacraments. The beginning catechesis for penance is to precede the reception of First Eucharist. The reception of First Penance is to be separated by several months from the reception of First Eucharist.
Reception of Confirmation
- · Candidates for confirmation must be at least 16 years of age and at least high school juniors. A two-year catechesis of preparation is required and should integrate elements of Bible study, community, liturgy and service.
- · The sponsor for the candidate is to act as a true witness of Christ and faithfully fulfill the obligations inherent in this sacrament. The Church recommends that the sponsor for confirmation be the same sponsor that the candidate had at baptism.
- · A sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic, who has already received the sacrament of the Most Holy Eucharist, at least 16 years of age and have the intention of carrying out the duties of a godparent. It is desirable that the one who undertook the role of sponsor at baptism be sponsor for confirmation.
- · Parents may not be sponsors for their children, but may present them for the sacrament.